For both the seasoned and the emerging tax executive, TEI offers the following tangible benefits:
TEI’s unparalleled reputation as an advocate for the business tax community means that you and your company have direct access to effecting change. Policy makers routinely seek TEI’s views because our members aren’t just advisers – they are doers.
- Promote effective tax policies and administrative practices by collaborating on advocacy projects.
- Analyses of proposed legislation, regulations, and other administrative pronouncements.
- Participate in surveys and help develop benchmarking tools for tax executives.
Access visibility within – and beyond – your company. Your higher profile will help move you toward the professional advancements you desire. Acquire the education needed to expand your practice expertise.
- Meet your CE needs and maintain your professional edge through more than 600 affordable programs, most offered through local TEI chapters.
- Build tax knowledge by attending educational programs and participating in informal discussions with industry peers.
Chapter-level networking is TEI’s #1-rated member benefit. It’s a great way to stay professionally plugged in! Events at the chapter, regional, and Institute levels are just one part of how you’ll access the global network of peers and partners. Exchanging ideas, garnering support in your profession, and gaining a leg up to your next career step are just some of the reasons why this is so important.
- Forge friendships globally with fellow tax professionals.
- Explore best practices, enhance personal leadership, communication, and mentoring skills by volunteering locally or at the Institute level.
- Enhance career opportunities.
- Keep up to date with TEI’s bimonthly magazine, Tax Executive, covering timely issues of tax policy, administration and management, TEI advocacy initiatives, and more.
- Get answers to your questions and share your expertise in TEI’s online communities. Go to TEIconnect to search your relevant communities.
- As a TEI member, you enjoy significant discounts on Thomson Reuters Tax & Accounting products and products marketed in Canada by Carswell. Also, you’ll pay member rates on TEI conferences, seminars, and publications.