Date – November 8, 2023 – January 19, 2024
Format – Simulive (Virtual Simulated Live Sessions)
The U.S. International Tax Course (Simulive Edition) educates tax professionals on the fundamentals, challenges, and opportunities present in U.S. international taxation, and is relevant to professionals working for both U.S. and non-U.S. headquartered companies.
- Sourcing of income and expenses
- The U.S. foreign tax credit
- Transfer pricing under section 482
- FATCA and other withholding and reporting requirements
- The U.S. subpart F regime
Simulive sessions feature a world-class faculty, and a practical and succinct perspective presented as a virtual edition of the in-person 2023 U.S International Tax Course, conducted in the Summer of 2023. The recorded sessions will be broadcast and feature a subject matter expert (session speaker) to answer questions through a chat feature. Each Simulive session will qualify for CPE credit depending on length of session, with approximately 31 hours of CPE offered.
Agenda (All times are Eastern Standard Time) * Dates and Times are subject to change.
Development of International Tax Law & Policy
- November 8, 2023 - 11:00 am - 12:15 pm (part 1 of 4) | 1:00 pm - 2:15 pm (part 2 of 4)
- November 9, 2023 - 11:00 am - 12:15 pm (part 3 of 4) | 1:00 pm - 2:15 pm (part 4 of 4)
Sections 861-863: Sourcing Income & Expenses
- November 15, 2023 - 11:00 am - 12:15 pm (part 1 of 3) | 1:00 pm - 2:15 pm (part 2 of 3)
- November 16, 2023 - 11:00 am - 12:15 pm (part 3 of 3)
Foreign Tax Credit
- November 29, 2023 - 11:00 am - 12:15 pm (part 1 of 3) | 1:00 pm - 2:15 pm (part 2 of 3)
- November 30, 2023 - 11:00 am - 12:30 pm (part 3 of 3)
Sections 367 and 7874: International Reorganizations & Inversions
- November 30, 2023 - 1:00 pm - 2:45 pm (part 1 of 1)
Inbound Issues: U.S. Taxation of Nonresident Companies
- December 6, 2023 - 11:00 am - 12:15 pm (part 1 of 2) | 1:00 pm - 2:15 pm (part 2 of 2)
Foreign Currency Issues, including Section 987
- December 7, 2023 - 11:00 am - 12:15 pm (part 1 of 2) | 1:00 pm - 2:15 pm (part 2 of 2)
FATCA, Withholding Tax and Other Reporting Requirements for Foreign Investments
- December 13, 2023 - 11:00 am - 12:15 pm (part 1 of 2) | 1:00 pm - 2:15 pm (part 2 of 2)
Earnings & Profits
- December 14, 2023 - 11:00 am - 12:15 pm (part 1 of 2) | 1:00 pm - 2:15 pm (part 2 of 2)
Subpart F and GILTI
- December 20, 2023 - 11:00 am - 12:30 pm (part 1 of 1) | 1:00 pm - 2:15 pm (part 2 of 3)
- December 21, 2023 - 11:00 am - 12:15 pm (part 3 of 3)
Adam Halpern & William Skinner | Fenwick & West LLP
Bringing It All Together: Structuring of Foreign Transactions & Operations to Minimize the Corporate Tax Burden
- January 10, 2024 - 11:00 am - 12:30 pm (part 1 of 3) | 1:00 pm - 2:15 pm (part 2 of 3)
- January 11, 2024 - 11:00 am - 12:30 pm (part 3 of 3)
Documentation and Information Reporting from Foreign Affiliates (Including Forms 5471 and 5472)
- January 17, 2024 - 11:00 am - 12:15 pm (part 1 of 2) | 1:00 pm - 2:15 pm (part 2 of 2)
Transfer Pricing Under Section 482
- January 18, 2024 - 11:00 am - 12:15 pm (part 1 of 3) | 1:00 pm - 2:15 pm (part 2 of 3)
- January 19, 2024 - 11:00 am - 12:30 pm (part 3 of 3)
Registration is now open. (click blue button above)
CPE Credit Information: Tax Executives Institute Education Foundation is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of “group live based” continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors.
Date: November 8 - January 17, 2024 (bi-weekly sessions)
Delivery Method: Group Internet Based
Program Level: Overview
Field of Study: Taxes
Advanced Preparation: No advanced preparation required
CPE Credits possible: Approximately 31 CPE credits based on a 50-minute hour.
Sponsoring Organization: Tax Executives Institute, Inc. TEI Education Fund, 1200 G. Street, NW, Suite 300, Washington, DC 20005
State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. To submit a complaint about a specific program, speaker or content, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Complaints regarding sponsors may be addressed to National Registry of CPE Sponsors, 150 Fourth Avenue North, Ste. 700, Nashville, TN 37219-2417. Website: www.nasbaregistry.org
For more information regarding administrative policies such as complaint or refund, or for questions related to this or other TEI events please contact TEI, directly, at 202.638.5601 or email@example.com.
Member Registrant: $950
Non-Member Registrant: $1,195
Member Registration: $150 per session
Non-Member Registration: $250 per session
Group Registration - To register anyone other than yourself, please download and complete a registration form for each person. Unfortunately our online group registration does not function properly.
Member rates are available to TEI members only. Member benefits, such as member pricing, are not transferrable to non-members.
Need to renew? Visit www.tei.org, login, and select "Membership Expired -- Rejoin Today" above your profile.
Not a member? Learn more about the benefits of membership and join today to save up to $155 on this event and gain access to all TEI member benefits and TEI educational offerings.
REMINDER: TEI Events are normally open to members of TEI and other in-house tax professionals only. However for this online event, individuals engaged in private law, accounting, or other consulting practice are eligible to attend. Government employees are still ineligible to attend.
Team Discount - TEI is offering a "team" discount when an organization sends 2 or more registrants to any of our Course Simulive events. After the first registrant at the Full Series registration fee, additional registrants from the same company should put in the discount code "GroupSimulive100" to receive $100 off their Full Series registration fee. This discount may not be combined with other discounts.
Cancellation and Substitution Policy
Cancellation - All cancellations must be received in writing by November 1, 2023 at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cancellations will be subject to a $50 cancellation fee. There are no partial refunds if you can only attend some of the sessions. Substitutions may be made prior to the start of the series; however, there are no partial registrations or sharing of registration for CPE purposes. Substitutions requests should be emailed to email@example.com and are subject to a $25 fee.
If you have any questions or concerns leading up to the sessions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.