Our Communications & Technology Committee has created a NY Chapter LinkedIn page. Check it out at https://www.linkedin.com/company/tax-executives-institute-tei-new-york-chapter.
57th Annual New York Chapter Tax Symposium
December 8, 9 and 10, 2020
There will be three separate tax programs–one each day; one featuring top speakers for each of the Chapter’s Technical Tax Committees—Register for one, two or all three sessions. A law firm sponsoring each session—they will be providing the speakers and the virtual platform for the particular session. All sessions are free of charge!
International Tax - Tuesday, December 8th – 12 Noon to 2 PM EST – Sponsored by Fenwick & West LLP
International Tax Developments: Recap of this Year’s International Tax Developments:
- Final and proposed FTC regs.
- Final and proposed high-tax election regulations (GILTI/Sub F)
- Final FDII regulations
- Final regulations on downward attribution
Speakers: James P. Fuller, Adam Halpern, Larissa Neumann – Partners, Fenwick & West LLP
To register for the International session – please use the Eventbrite link: https://2020-ny-symposium-international-session.eventbrite.com
State and Local Tax – Wednesday, December 9th – 1 PM – 3:00 PM EST– Sponsored by Eversheds Sutherland
SALT Survival Guide:
- Unmasking 2021 – Judicial and Litigation Outlook – Speakers: Jeff Friedman and Nikki Dobay – Partners, Eversheds Sutherland
This session will provide a crystal ball outlook of issues that will be addressed by state legislatures and courts in 2021. Hint: It’s going to be painful...
- Just Passing Through: State Tax Liabilities Incurred by Pass-Through Entities – Speakers: Ted Friedman and Michael Hilkin, Counsel, Eversheds Sutherland
While pass-through entities generally are thought to not be subject to direct taxes, the list of taxes imposed on them is increasing.
- Isn’t It Inconvenient, WFH issues for Corporations and Their Employees – Speakers – Charlie Kearns(Partner) and Chelsea Marmor (Associate) – Eversheds Sutherland
Workforces are being dispersed across the country. In addition to describing issues with conflicting employee withholding laws, this session will also focus on state tax issues that hit employers. And it’s not just nexus…
To register for the State and Local Session – please use the Eventbrite link: https://2020-ny-symposium-state-and-local-session.eventbrite.com
Federal Tax – Thursday, December 10th – 1 PM – 2:40 PM EST – Sponsored by Fried, Frank, Harris, Shriver & Jacobson LLP
Significant Federal Tax Developments of 2020 – Featuring Practical Examples and Year End Planning:
- CARES Act Tax Law Changes
- Debt and Financing Issues
- Structuring opportunities for Mergers, Acquisitions and other Corporate Transactions
- Net Operating Loss Planning
- What a New Presidential Administration May Have in Store
Speakers: Michael J. Alter, Joseph Fox and Libin Zhang – Tax Partners – Fried, Frank Harris, Shriver & Jacobson LLP
To register for the Federal session – please use the Eventbrite link: https://2020-ny-symposium-federal-session.eventbrite.com
New York CPE and/or CLE credits will be awarded to participants. Participants will be awarded CPE credits if they are registered and respond to the polling questions during the session. Instructions will follow for those who wish to earn CLE.
Please contact me should you have any comments or questions.
Linda A. Klang
TEI Symposium Chair