Our Communications & Technology Committee has created a NY Chapter LinkedIn page. Check it out at https://www.linkedin.com/company/tax-executives-institute-tei-new-york-chapter.
Tax Executives Institute – New York Chapter
FIFTY NINTH ANNUAL TAX SYMPOSIUM
December 14, 2022
Convene Conference Center
75 Rockefeller Plaza, NY, NY – 31st floor
Registration and Breakfast: 8:15 A.M. - 9:15 A.M.
Morning Technical Sessions: 9:15 A.M. - 11:45 A.M.
Lunch: 11:45 – 1:00 PM
Afternoon Technical Sessions: 1:00 P.M. - 4:00 P.M.
MORNING SESSION 9:15 A.M. - 10:00 A.M.
Bring Out the Crystal Ball: the Legislative and Administrative Outlook Post Mid-Term Election
- Federal legislative activity during lame duck session (if any)
- What to expect from the Biden Administration in 2023-2024
- IRS Guidance on the Inflation Reduction Act – what can we expect?
- A look ahead to 2023 State legislative sessions - what to watch for
- David Brunori, Senior Director RSM
- John P. Napoli, Partner Seyfarth Shaw
- Michael Lobie, Associate Seyfarth Shaw
Morning break: 10:00 A.M. - 10:15 A.M
MORNING SESSIONS 10:15 A.M. - 11:45 A.M.
CONCURRENT SESSIONS: 1 or 2
1 - Federal and State/Local Impact of the Pandemic – Tax Practice in a Post-Covid World
The pandemic has had a lasting impact on how we live and work. It has created new challenges and new opportunities.
- What’s changed and what’s the same?
- Tax Departments
- Tax Compliance
- Tax Planning
- Tax Controversy and Litigation
- Jeffrey Friedman, Partner Eversheds Sutherland LLP
- Sharon Katz-Pearlman, Shareholder Greenberg, Traurig
2 - International Tax Planning in an Uncertain Global Tax and Economic Environment
Alongside the rapidly evolving foreign exchange and interest rate environment, and ongoing global supply chain disruption, Pillar 2 will have a major impact on the global tax footprint and reporting processes for multinationals. The panel will discuss:
- Expected timing of this major global tax reform and
- Impact of these trends on corporate structures, global financing and treasury, tax incentives and where IP is held/developed.
- ALSO: The new proposed Foreign Tax Credit regulations (published November 22, 2022)- key changes
Serge Huysmans, BEPS Desk Ernst &Young LLP
- Jason Yen, US National Tax Ernst & Young LLP
- Lee Holt, Director of Capital Markets Ernst & Young LLP
- Daniel Rees, UK Tax Desk Ernst & Young LLP
- Gagan Malik, APAC Tax Desk Leader Ernst & Young LLP
Lunch: 11:45 – 1:00 P.M.
AFTERNOON SESSION 1:00 P.M. – 2:30 P.M.
Year End Considerations: Things to Account For
- Will The CY22 Year-end Process Look Different?
- Vast Impact of a Mobile Workforce
- Evaluating New Rules, New Filings, New Liabilities, New Exposures
- Continuing State Conformity Issues
- Tick Tock – To-Dos By December 31?
- Eric M. Andersen, Managing Director Andersen Tax
- Eleni Lagos, Partner BDO USA LLP
Afternoon break: 2:30 P.M. - 2:45 P.M.
AFTERNOON SESSION 2:45 P.M. – 4:00 P.M.
Learning from the Past and Present and Prepared for the Future - Federal, State & Local and International
- The latest federal, international and state & local developments impacting how we analyze positions and transactions going forward integration planning including mergers & acquisitions for multinational groups.
- How tax groups should evaluate global (Pillar II) and domestic (TCJA, IRA, and related changes) developments, along with considering state and local tax consequences.
These developments affect
- How acquisitions and dispositions are structured,
- How companies should think about overall corporate structure (such as holding company considerations), and
- How to integrate recently acquired IP and businesses.
- Caroline Ngo, Partner McDermott Will & Emery LLP
- Katie Quinn, Partner McDermott Will & Emery LLP
- Timothy Shuman, Partner McDermott Will & Emery LLP
To register for the Symposium log onto https://teiny2022symposium.eventbrite.com. The registration fee for TEI members is $200 but there is an "early bird special " of $150 if registration is made before 12/13/22. The registration fee for non-TEI members is $250 but there is an "early bird special" of $200 if registration is made before 12/13/2022. Only credit card payments will be accepted for this event. Refund requests will be honored if received by December 12, 2022. Send refund requests to [email protected] Note: All refunds will be net of Eventbrite's fees which are non-refundable.