Our Communications & Technology Committee has created a NY Chapter LinkedIn page. Check it out at https://www.linkedin.com/company/tax-executives-institute-tei-new-york-chapter.
UPCOMING CHAPTER MEETINGS
The New York Chapter of the Tax Executives Institute is pleased to invite you to the 56th Annual Tax Symposium to be held in New York City on December 12, 2019
On behalf of the New York Chapter of TEI I am pleased to invite you to our Chapter’s 56th Tax Symposium. The Symposium offers three concurrent technical tax sessions for Federal, State and Local and International Taxes with a wide range of important topics and great speakers. The program is an excellent value and I encourage you to send all the members of your departments. Some of this year’s highlights:
State and Local Tax
· We will have a New York Update Session with Michael Schmidt, New York State Commissioner – Department of Taxation and Finance and Deborah Liebman, Deputy Counsel, New York State DTF
· Acting Director, Division of Taxation, John Ficara will be joining us for a New Jersey Tax Reform 2019 Edition discussion
· One highlight of this year’s conference will be an IRS Administrative Affairs session featuring Roland Barral (former IRS Counsel), Erik Corwin (former IRS Deputy Chief Counsel (Technical)), Paul DeNard (former IRS Commissioner (Acting), LB&I), Marjorie Rollinson former (former IRS Assoc. Chief Counsel) and Rosemary Sereti (former IRS Deputy Commissioner, LB&I)
· Jim Fuller, Adam Halpern and Larissa Newmann from Fenwick & West will be bringing us the latest in International Tax Developments
· We will be getting the Washington International Perspective from Hank Gutman, former Joint Committee Chief of Staff and Gary Gasper, EY
PLUS: We are offering, at no additional charge: a special morning session (from 8:30 to 9:25 AM) at the Symposium for those who would like to attend: ETHICS for the In-House Tax Professional qualified for CPE AND CLE New York Ethics credit.
New York CPE credits (6) are available for participants. An additional CPE (NY Ethics) credit will be awarded to participants in the morning session. Mayer Brown is sponsoring CLE Ethics (1) credit for those who participate in the early session.
The Symposium brochure below provides the full details regarding the topics and speakers. Participants can participate in any of the sessions they wish during the day.
The Symposium will be held at: Sheraton Times Square Hotel, 811 Seventh Avenue (at 53rd Street), New York, NY 10019 The full day registration, including lunch and a cocktail reception is $350.
If you register using a credit card by November 14th, we are offering an “early bird” special registration fee of $300!
Registration begins at 8:00 AM and technical sessions begin at 9:30 AM
Payment may be made via credit card or check. All registrations, regardless of the manner of payment, must be made online.
To register for the Symposium, log onto: https://teiny2019symposium.eventbrite.com
Checks should be sent to John Allan c/o PVH Corporation, 200 Madison Avenue - 8th floor, New York, NY 10016. Checks should be made payable to: TEI – New York Chapter. While checks/cash will be accepted at the door, we will not be able to accept credit cards at the door.
Refund requests will be honored if received by December 5th. Refund requests received after December 5th cannot be honored due to hotel commitments. Any requests for refunds should be sent to [email protected].
Very Truly Yours,
President, New York Chapter
Tax Executives Institute, Inc.