Date – November 6, 2023 - January 17, 2024
Format – Simulive (Virtual Simulated Live Sessions)
Format – Simulive (Virtual Simulated Live Sessions)
TEI’s 2023 Federal Tax Course – Level 1 (Simulive Edition) educates tax professionals on the fundamentals, challenges, and opportunities present in federal taxation.
Designed for tax professionals with five or fewer years of experience, or those needing a refresher, the course covers the central concepts of U.S. taxation, including sessions addressing:
- Income Tax Accounting – Methods, Periods, and Hot Topics
- State Corporate Income Tax Compliance – A Framework
- Capital Asset Recovery (Depreciation, Amortization, Gain, and Loss)
- Tax Treatment of Research and Experimental Expenditures
- Fundamentals of U.S. International Taxation
- And more
Simulive sessions feature a world-class faculty, and a practical and succinct perspective presented as a virtual edition of the in-person 2023 Federal Tax Course – Level 1, conducted in the Summer of 2023. The recorded sessions will be broadcast and feature a subject matter expert (session speaker) to answer questions through a chat feature. Each Simulive session will qualify for CPE credit depending on length of session, with a maximum total of 33.0 CPE hours offered.
The Course curriculum incorporates TEI’s Federal Tax Committee members’ review and feedback to reflect the latest developments in the applicable laws, regulations, procedural guidance and judicial decisions.
Agenda (All times are Eastern Standard Time)
Overview of the Taxation of Corporations and Shareholders
- November 6, 2023 - 11:00 am - 12:15 pm (part 1 of 4) | 1:00 pm - 2:15 pm (part 2 of 4)
- November 7, 2023 - 11:00 am - 12:15 pm (part 3 of 4) | 1:00 pm - 2:15 pm (part 4 of 4)
Sarah Lieberman & Tonya Williams | RSM US LLP
Tax Accounting Issues – Methods, Periods, and Hot Topics
- November 13, 2023 - 11:00 am - 12:15 pm (part 1 of 4) | 1:00 pm - 2:15 pm (part 2 of 4)
- November 14, 2023 - 11:00 am - 12:15 pm (part 3 of 4) | 1:00 pm - 2:15 pm (part 4 of 4)
Anna Hargett, Kristen Martin, & Michael Reznick | Eversheds Sutherland LLP
Taxation of Financial Instruments & Hedging
- November 27, 2023 - 11:00 am - 12:30 pm (part 1 of 1)
Menna Eltaki & Bob Leonard | Ernst & Young LLP
Framework of State Corporate Income Tax Compliance
- November 28, 2023 - 11:00 am - 12:15 pm (part 1 of 2) | 1:00 pm - 2:15 pm (part 2 of 2)
Dan De Jong | KPMG LLP
Tov Haueisen | PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP
Capital Asset Recovery (Depreciation, Amortization, Gain, and Loss)
- December 4 - 11:00 am - 12:15 pm (part 1 of 3) | 1:00 pm - 2:15 pm (part 2 of 3)
- December 5 - 11:00 am - 12:15 pm (part 3 of 3)
Joe Green & Greg Lameti | Deloitte Tax LLP
Tax Treatment of Research and Experimental Expenditures
- December 11, 2023 - 11:00 am - 12:15 pm (part 1 of 2) | 1:00 pm - 2:15 pm (part 2 of 2)
Emily Brozanski & Chris Makris | Deloitte Tax LLP
Uniform Capitalization/Inventory Accounting Rules
- December 12, 2023 - 11:00 am - 12:45 pm (part 1 of 2) | 1:00 pm - 2:15 pm (part 2 of 2)
David Kalman & Eric Lucas | KPMG LLP
Taxation of Employee Benefits
- December 18, 2023 - 11:00 am - 12:30 pm (part 1 of 2) | 1:00 pm - 2:30 pm (part 2 of 2)
Mary "Handy" Hevener & Steven Johnson | Morgan Lewis & Bockius LLP
Introduction to Partnership Taxation
- December 19, 2023 - 11:00 am - 12:30 pm (part 1 of 2) | 1:00 pm - 2:45 pm (part 2 of 2)
Jennifer Hicks & Emma Zhao | Alvarez & Marsal Tax LLC
Fundamentals of U.S. International Taxation
- January 8, 2024 - 11:00 am - 12:15 pm (part 1 of 3) | 1:00 pm - 2:15 pm (part 2 of 3)
- January 9, 2024 - 11:00 am - 12:15 pm (part 3 of 3)
Emily Berg, Samuel Pollack & Susan Ryba | Baker McKenzie LLP
Tax Technology - Integrating Tax with Microsoft 365
- January 9, 2024 - 1:00 pm - 2:30 pm (part 1 of 1)
Darren Brady & Matthew Harris | PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP
Fundamentals of Financial Accounting for Income Taxes (ASC 740-10)
- January 16, 2024 - 11:00 am - 12:15 pm (part 1 of 3) | 1:00 pm - 2:15 pm (part 2 of 3)
- January 17, 2024 - 11:00 am - 12:15 pm (part 3 of 3)
Stephanie Foisy & Catherine Love | Grant Thornton LLP
Registration is now open. (Click the blue button above.)
CPE Credit Information: Tax Executives Institute Education Foundation is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of “group live based” continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors.
Delivery Method: Group Internet Based
Program Level: Overview
Field of Study: Taxes
Advanced Preparation: No advanced preparation required
CPE Credits possible: Approximately 30.0 CPE credits based on a 50-minute hour.
Sponsoring Organization: Tax Executives Institute, Inc. TEI Education Fund, 1200 G. Street, NW, Suite 300, Washington, DC 20005
State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. To submit a complaint about a specific program, speaker or content, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Complaints regarding sponsors may be addressed to National Registry of CPE Sponsors, 150 Fourth Avenue North, Ste. 700, Nashville, TN 37219-2417. Website: www.nasbaregistry.org
For more information regarding administrative policies such as complaint or refund, or for questions related to this or other TEI events please contact TEI, directly, at 202.638.5601 or email@example.com.
Full Course (all sessions)
Member Registrant: $950
Non-Member Registrant: $1,195
Individual Sessions (not additive for a discount)
Member Registration: $150 per sessionNon-Member Registration: $250 per session
Member rates are available to TEI members. Member benefits, such as member pricing, are not transferrable to non-members.
Need to renew? Visit www.tei.org, login, and select Membership Expired -- Rejoin Today above your profile.
Not a member? Learn more about the benefits of membership and join today to save up to $155 on this event and gain access to all TEI member benefits and TEI educational offerings.
REMINDER: TEI Events are normally open to members of TEI and other in-house tax professionals only. However for this online event, individuals engaged in private law, accounting, or other consulting practice are eligible to attend. Government employees are still ineligible to attend.
Team Discount - TEI is offering a "team" discount when an organization sends two or more registrants to any of our Fall Course Simulive events. After the first registrant at the Full Series registration fee, additional registrants from the same company should put in the discount code "GroupSimulive100" to receive $100 off their Full Series registration fee. This discount may not be combined with other discounts.
CLICK HERE for a weekly list of registrants (updated Mondays).
Cancellation and Substitution Policy
Cancellation - All cancellations must be received in writing by November 1, 2023 at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cancellations will be subject to a $50 cancellation fee. There are no partial refunds if you can only attend some of the sessions. Substitutions may be made prior to the start of the course sessions; however, there are no partial registrations or sharing of registration for CPE purposes. Substitutions requests should be emailed to email@example.com and are subject to a $25 fee.
If you have any questions or concerns leading up to the sessions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.