Staying current with tax developments, keeping connected with your peers and fulfilling your CPE requirements is essential for every in-house tax professional.
To support you during these challenging times, TEI has converted core elements of its Spring educational program (e.g., Midyear conference, audits and appeals seminar and financial reporting seminar) to virtual formats.
These free webinars are open to TEI members and other in-house tax professionals and will run from the end of April through early July. Individuals engaged in private law, accounting, or other consulting practice, as well as government employees, are ineligible to participate. The first tranche of these sessions are listed below.
Please check back regularly for program updates and registration information.
Registration links will appear below when registration is open. Thank you for your patience.
Virtual Midyear | Thursday, August 6
|1:00 p.m. - 2:00 p.m. ET||Supply Chain (1 CPE credit, 0 CLE credit)
This session will explore the ways in which recent U.S. and international developments have necessitated and/or incentivized revisions to supply chains for multinational taxpayers, and the ways in which changes in law, or responsive actions undertaken by taxpayers as a result of such changes in law, may lead to new or differing tax controversies.
|2:15 p.m. - 3:15p.m. ET||Employment Tax Issues (1 CPE credit, 0 CLE credit)
Employment tax audits represent a growing area of compliance focus by the Internal Revenue Service. The range of statutory and regulatory frameworks that bear on employment tax matters adds to the complexity of both compliance and audit management. This session will explore several key areas of employment tax controversy, framing the statutory and regulatory architectures and discussing effective audit management. Finally, recent current and proposed statutory and regulatory developments will be highlighted.
Virtual Midyear | Thursday, August 13 (NEW SESSIONS!)
|1:00 p.m. - 2:00 p.m. ET||The Role of the Taxpayer’s Financial Data in a Transfer Pricing Audit (1 CPE credit, 0 CLE credit)
This session will take a deep dive into understanding the critical role that your company's financial data has in successfully defending your transfer pricing audits. The session will explore where and how financial data is used in TP audits, practical tips and potential pitfalls when analyzing that data, and how to manage and marshal this data when producing it to the IRS on audit.
|2:15 p.m. - 3:15p.m. ET||Closing Your Examination (1 CPE credit, 0 CLE credit)
This session will explore the processes and steps necessary to complete an examination including negotiation tips, alternative resolution tools, how to manage the statute of limitations and when settling may not be the best approach.
TEI/Sponsor Hosted Webinars
- Remote Control – Federal, International, and State Tax Considerations of Teleworking
August 4, 3:00 pm ET | TEI/Eversheds Sutherland | CPE: 1.8 hours, CLE: 1.5 hours
COVID-19 has dramatically changed the way businesses operate, and how and where employees perform their duties. This webinar will address the U.S. federal, international, and state tax considerations for U.S. multinational and multistate employers facing increased instances of a remote workforce.
- IRS & Treasury Panel: Partnership Reporting (Outbound)
August 12, 11:00 am - 1:00 pm | CPE 1.0 hour
Join leaders from the Internal Revenue Service, AICPA, ABA, and TEI for this free webcast as they facilitate a panel discussion on the outbound components of new IRS partnership reporting forms. The panel will include an overview of the new forms, what the government was trying to accomplish in designing the forms, and a question and answer period. You can access the IRS News Release on the new forms, IR-2020-155 (July 14, 2020) here.
- IRS & Treasury Panel: Partnership Reporting (Inbound)
August 18, 1:00 pm - 2:00 pm ET | No CPE will be awarded for this webcast
Join leaders from the Internal Revenue Service, AICPA, ABA, and TEI for part two of their free, two-part webcast series as they facilitate a panel discussion on the inbound components of new IRS partnership reporting forms. The panel will include an overview of the new forms, what the government was trying to accomplish in designing the forms, and a question and answer period. You can access the IRS News Release on the new forms, IR-2020-155 (July 14, 2020) here. Please note that no CPE credit will be awarded for this webcast.
- Tax Department Productivity Trends: Lessons Learned and a Roadmap for the Next Normal
August 18, 2pm ET | TEI/XCM | 1 CPE credit
Join XCM CEO Mike Sabbatis and TEI Executive Director Eli Dicker as they discuss lessons learned from COVID-19 and actionable steps you can take to prepare your business for the "next normal." This webinar is taking place on Tuesday, August 18 at 2:00PM ET.
Webinars On-Demand (not CPE/CLE eligible)
Please note: the recordings for the Virtual Midyear Sessions listed below are NOT CPE eligible. Only the live webinars (listed above) are eligible.
Any unlinked sessions below will be updated as soon as the recordings are available.
- Virtual Midyear Session 1 | Pillars of the International Tax System? The OECD’s Digital Economy Project
- Virtual Midyear Session 2 | Tax & Tax Technology – Meeting Customer Needs – Now and in the Future
- Virtual Midyear Session 3 | Tax Reform, One Filing Cycle Later – Views From The Trenches
- Virtual Midyear Session 4 | State Tax Policy Considerations for the Next Decade
- Virtual Midyear Session 5 | Unilateral Taxation of the Digital Economy & Cross-border Electronic Commerce – A Challenging Environment for Multinationals
- Virtual Midyear Session 6 | State Tax Data Challenges in a COVID-19 World
- Virtual Midyear Session 7 | Transfer Pricing Policy, Planning, and Practice in a Changing World
- Virtual Midyear Session 8 | International Tax Reporting and Compliance
- Virtual Midyear Session 9 | The Final BEAT REGULATIONS – What Changed? What Stayed the Same?
- Virtual Midyear Session 10 | Understanding and Applying New Section 163(J) - Latest Guidance & Practical Considerations, Including Debt Restructuring
- Virtual Midyear Session 11 | Financial Reporting - News from Norwalk and Beyond
- Virtual Midyear Session 12 | Bridging the Gap: Termination & Severance Issues in the Age of Job Mobility
- Virtual Midyear Session 13 | Current Issues in M&A Transactions
- Virtual Midyear Session 14 | Taxation of Cryptocurrencies: A Virtual Discussion on Virtual Currencies
- Virtual Midyear Session 15 | State Tax Credits and Incentives
- Virtual Midyear Session 16 | Qualified Opportunity Zones - Benefits and Burdens
- Virtual Midyear Session 17 | FASB Address: 20/20 Focus in the Tax Disclosure Framework
- Virtual Midyear Session 18 | Executive Compensation & Employee Benefits Taxation – The CARES Act and TCJA’s Changes
- Virtual Midyear Session 19 | Downward Attribution Under Section 958 - New Guidance and Practical Considerations
- Virtual Midyear Session 20 | ASC 740 Hot Topics
- Virtual Midyear Session 21 | Uncertain Tax Positions - ASC 740
- Virtual Midyear Session 22 | Applying the Temporary Section 245A Regulations - Practical & Strategic Considerations
- Virtual Midyear Session 23 | COVID-19: Toward A New Normal for In-House Tax Professionals
- Virtual Midyear Session 24 | Accounting for State Income Taxes: Change Is the New Normal
- Virtual Midyear Session 25 | Accounting for Business Combinations: Overview and Intermediate Topics
- Virtual Midyear Session 26 | The Tax Cuts and Jobs Act - Nuts & Bolts From a Tax Controversy Perspective
- Virtual Midyear Session 27 | The Future of the Functional Analysis - Pillar One and Beyond
- Virtual Midyear Session 28 | Statutory Interpretation & Regulatory Deference
- Virtual Midyear Session 29 | Transfer Pricing: The Arm’s Length Standard after the TCJA
- Virtual Midyear Session 30 | Advanced Accounting for Business Combinations
- Virtual Midyear Session 31 | Tax Accounting and Financial Reporting Disclosures and SOX Update
- Virtual Midyear Session 32 | Research & Experimentation Credits
- Virtual Midyear Session 33 | COVID-19 and the CARES Act - Procedural Challenges and Opportunities
- Virtual Midyear Session 34 | SEC, Regulatory and Tax Legislative Update
- Virtual Midyear Session 35 | Uncertain Tax Positions - IFRIC 23
- Virtual Midyear Session 36 | Selected TCJA Controversy Issues
- Virtual Midyear Session 37 | Transfer Pricing Controversy: Opinions, Appeals, Early Resolution
OTHER WEBINARS (not CPE eligible)
- 05/04/2020 - TEI SALT Committee Roundtable Event – SALT WFH NBD
- 05/14/2019 - The OECD Consultation on the Digitalization of the Economy, Reallocation of Taxing Rights, and a Potential Global Minimum Tax Regime
- 09/10/2019 - Scoring Your Company's Tax Technology Evolution
- 11/21/2019 - Limits on State Taxation in a Post-Wayfair World
- 12/17/2019 - 2019 Year-end Corporate Tax Roundup