Pilar Mata, Executive Director
The State and Local Tax Committee is responsible for TEI’s educational and advocacy efforts for U.S. state and local tax issues.
The committee monitors state and local tax developments throughout the country, files amicus briefs with state and federal courts on impending state and local tax issues, and files comment letters addressing various legislative and administrative proposals.
The committee has also developed an extensive set of policy statements reflecting TEI's position on important administrative and procedural issues. These statements facilitate advocacy by providing formal position papers TEI's members can use when communicating with taxing agencies.
Finally, the committee regularly conducts liaison meetings with state and local taxing authorities to discuss tax-enforcement and policy matters in those jurisdictions.
TEI State and Local Tax Policy Statements
- Alternative Apportionment
- Audit Procedures
- Contingent Fee Audit Arrangements
- Deferred Tax Relief
- Disclosure of Confidential Tax Info
- Federal Partnership Audit Rules
- Independent State Tax Tribunals
- Interest Rates
- Reporting Federal Income Tax Changes
- Retroactive Legislation
- State and Local-Imposed Audit Fees
- State Corporate Income Tax Return Due Dates and Extension Procedures
- State Tax Haven Laws
- Statutes of Limitation
- Taxation of Business Inputs
- Trailing Nexus
Join the State & Local Community on TEI Connect!
Connect with committee members, keep up to date with announcements and discussions, and share important information and documents with committee members.