As a leading Canadian independent renewable power producer, Innergex develops, owns and operates run-of-river hydroelectric facilities, wind farms and solar photovoltaic parks. Active since 1990, the Company carries out operations in Quebec, Ontario and British Columbia, Canada, in France and in Idaho, USA. Innergex employs more than 150 people and has offices in Longueuil, Quebec, Vancouver, British Columbia and in Lyon, France. The Company promotes teamwork, while respecting each employee’s individual competencies and aspirations.
The chosen candidate will be based in Longueuil (a few steps from the Longueuil-Université-de- Sherbrooke metro station).
Role and Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Senior Director – Tax, the successful candidate will work closely with the other members of the company’s tax team.
Main responsibilities will include:
CANADIAN TAX COMPLIANCE
- Prepare and/or review Canadian tax declarations (T5013, T2, T3, T5, etc.) for the company and its subsidiaries (over 100 entities);
- Analyze and file notices of assessment;
- Participate to the preparation of the company’s long-term tax financial forecasts;
- Prepare various relevant tax calculations (such as preparing the adjusted cost base calculations of the partnership interests);
- Follow-up on the payments of the company’s tax instalments;
- Coordinate the registration and the maintenance of accesses to the electronic services provided by tax authorities;
- Collaborate to the tax compliance efforts with respect to indirect taxes, transfer prices and others.
IFRS TAX ACCOUNTING
- Assist the accounting team in the preparation of financial statements by preparing the quarterly and annual tax provisions;
- Facilitate and coordinate the work of external auditors for the calculations of the company’s annual tax provision.
INTERNATIONAL TAX COMPLIANCE
- Follow-up with external consultants on the preparation of tax declarations, various tax forms and other tax obligations of the foreign subsidiaries;
- Prepare tools to ensure the respect of tax compliance obligations in jurisdictions outside Canada.
- Carry out tax research as requested and in order to fulfill the position’s responsibilities;
- Ensure tax compliance mandates given to external consultants are carried out correctly;
- Stay informed of all tax changes related to the company’s sector of activities;
- Participate to the correct performance of tax audits.
- Dynamic and proactive, with very strong organizational and time-management skills;
- Sound business judgement and strong analytical skills;
- Strong work ethic, highly meticulous and responsible;
- Professional who strives for excellence and wants to learn;
- Ability to dive into details when required and to also summarize efficiently;
- Comfortable with teamwork.
- Relevant University or College Degree;
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in tax;
- Proficiency in Taxprep, Excel and other Windows software;
- Proficiency in French and English, written and spoken.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please visit http://www.innergex.com/en/careers/ to send in your resume and application.