CACI is searching for a Vice President of Tax to join our Corporate Finance/Accounting team. As the VP of Tax, you will have ultimate responsibility for the tax provision, proper SEC tax disclosures, tax compliance and filings, audit controversies and planning while providing strategic direction and management of the corporate tax function.
The VP of Tax is a key leadership position on the Corporate Finance/Accounting team and will be based at our headquarters in Arlington, VA.
What You’ll Get to Do:
- Supervise, direct and manage all tax accounting related matters including calculation of interim and annual tax provision with appropriate footnote disclosures. Responsible for the adequacy and accuracy of financial statement tax provision and reserves on a quarterly basis.
- Lead timely preparation and review of all federal, state and local tax returns and other regulatory compliance filings.
- Conduct negotiations and resolve issues with various taxing authorities including administrative appellate proceedings and settlement of tax controversies, including management of activities related to tax litigation.
- Create operational efficiencies within and throughout the corporate organization with an overall cost minimization goal.
- Lead tax implementation strategies to reduce the overall corporate effective tax rate and cash tax liabilities.
- Manage, direct and lead all tax related M&A related activities. Ensure optimal acquisition structure to minimize overall deal cost.
- Create and foster and overall team atmosphere that promotes both creativity and innovation but equally important respect, civility and authenticity among team members.
- Maintain open communications and extensive interaction with the Accounting Department and business unit finance leads.
- Interface and direct CACI external tax consultants (public accounting and tax counsel). Determine appropriateness and scope of use for other outside advisors and manages their efforts.
- Coordinate with other functional and business managers in identifying and evaluating various business opportunities and make recommendations regarding their implementation.
- Ensure SOX404 Compliance and Controls are consistently adhered to without any deficiencies.
- Stay abreast of legislation/regulations affecting corporate taxation and advise senior management accordingly.
- Recommend and implement changes in CACI corporate structure, policies operations and business practices in order to reduce taxes.
You’ll Bring These Qualifications:
- 15+ years of professional experience working with tax laws and GAAP accounting, including a depth and breadth of tax issues, audits, implementation and integration of changing tax laws and rules.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Understanding the inter-relationships of GAAP, Cost Accounting, and Tax rules.
These Qualifications Would be Nice to Have:
- Master’s degree in Tax Accounting or advanced degree in tax
- Professional experience in government contracting industry
What We Can Offer You:
- We’ve been named a Best Place to Work by the Washington Post.
- Our employees value the flexibility at CACI that allows them to balance quality work and their personal lives.
- We offer competitive benefits and learning and development opportunities.
- We are mission-oriented and ever vigilant in aligning our solutions with the nation’s highest priorities.
- For over 55 years, the principles of CACI’s unique, character-based culture have been the driving force behind our success.
Percentage of Travel Required: Up to 10%
Type of Travel: Continental US
At CACI, you will have the opportunity to make an immediate impact by providing information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for Intelligence, Defense, and Federal Civilian customers. CACI is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
How to Apply
Visit the careers site to apply http://careers.caci.com/ShowJob/Id/1402794/Vice-President-of-Tax/