Ideal candidates will have qualities true to our core…
Street -Smart (thriving in dynamic times) You are flexible and resilient in a fast changing environment. You know how your job affects the whole mission. You get the bigger picture. You understand why your job matters to Trace3 and how to help grow the business. You exercise good business judgment in making high quality decisions in a timely manner.
Entrepreneurial Spirit (capitalizing on opportunity) You think like an entrepreneur. You constantly innovate, come up with solutions and drive change. You solve problems for the betterment of the company. You look for new and productive ways to make an impact. You find better ways to sell or provide solutions and are good at it.
Juice (the “stuff” it takes to be a needle mover and a game changer) You are a well respected achiever that gets things done and drives results. You “bring the weather” by demonstrating leadership, character and passion. You lead without a title, empowering others and inspiring trust. You treat others with respect, admit mistakes, give credit where it’s due and demonstrate transparency. You hug people in their trials, struggles and failures, not just their success.
About the Role:
Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, the Tax & Treasury Manger (TTM) will be responsible for managing all corporate responsibilities related to tax including our overall tax strategy and execution, ensuring best practices in tax planning and compliance, income, sales and use tax filings, maintenance of all state resale certificates, and preparation of the Company tax provision.
In addition, the TTM will be responsible for managing the treasury function and oversee the daily operations of the treasury function, long and short-term liquidity forecasting, vendor credit line monitoring, and weekly cash position reports. Additionally, this individual will ensure adequate tactical and strategic liquidity.
What You’ll Do:
- Oversee all tax matters for the company, including being aware of and considering impact of new tax developments.
- Ensure compliance with international, national and local tax rules and regulations.
- Manage Sales & Use Tax, Property Tax, and State and Federal Income Tax filings.
- Calculate quarterly and annual tax provisions (including tax footnotes in annual financial statements).
- Work as part of cross-functional teams (including Accounting, Legal and business unit and geographic staff) to implement value-added planning initiatives.
- Reconcile internal sales tax reports by state based on tax code by jurisdiction.
- File sales and use tax reports and confirm remittance for all company jurisdictions monthly, quarterly, and annually.
- Act as a liaison between customers as well as internal employees regarding tax related inquiries, researching necessary tax code to give appropriate guidance as it relates to associated tax code.
- Maintain all sales tax licenses, and ensure they are renewed annually.
- Manage all ongoing sales tax audits in appropriate jurisdiction, and ensure deadline for finalizing audits are met.
- Keep current with sales tax rate changes in all jurisdictions, ensure ERP system and AvaTax tool is updated with changes, and educate internal employees of changes.
- Maintain correspondence from all jurisdictions.
- Review all internal purchases and ensure use tax is filed if necessary.
- Maintain company records of resale certificates by state, and facilitate vendor requests of resale certificates.
- Maintain and review master list of individual vendor SKU’s to ensure proper treatment of retail sales taxability.
- Other duties and ad hoc reporting as requested by supervisor.
- Manage corporate cash and vendor credit line objectives.
- Provide short and long-term cash forecasts.
- Manage debt covenant compliance.
- Manage cash to maximize eligible rebates and discounts offered by clients.
- Coordinate with Director of Financial Planning & Analysis to provide fluctuation analysis for monthly, quarterly and annual cash reporting to Chief Financial Officer (CFO).
- Drive process excellence through treasury transformation initiatives and cash management programs that support business operations.
- Support the CFO in developing a Treasury infrastructure that will grow with the business.
- Manage debt service function, including revolver notices, interest payments, and compliance requirements.
- Collaborate with teams and others to maintain a high level of daily, short- and long-term cash forecast accuracy, and provide visibility to cash balances for senior management.
Qualifications & Interests:
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Accounting or a related major is required; MBA preferred.
- CPA (Certified Public Accountant) designation.
- A minimum of 7 years of experience with a strong emphasis on tax accounting issues for mid to large size organizations and progressive work experience in multi-state sales tax filings.
- Experience with managing treasury for mid to large size organizations.
- Experience with US federal and state tax regulations.
- Experience with calculating tax provisions.
- Strong US GAAP background, including tax accounting, (ASC 740) and business combinations (ASC 805).
- Experience with international tax accounting issues, transfer pricing, and uncertain tax positions.
- Experience with IT solutions and consultation services industry is a plus.
- Assist in the process for identifying and analyzing uncertain tax positions (formerly pursuant to FIN 48).
- Strong knowledge of sales tax laws for hardware, software, support, and professional services.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel required.
- Experience working with ERP System (NetSuite preferred)
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate clearly and concisely to all levels within the organization.
- Strong presentation skills and the ability to guide and influence senior leadership.
- Ability to multi-task, work under pressure with multiple deadlines.
- Outstanding analytical skills and a proven ability to connect data analysis with business issues and decisions.
- Competitive Compensation
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans for you and your dependents
- 401(k) retirement plan, 529 college savings plan, life insurance, and AD&D
- Training and development programs
- Stocked kitchen with snacks and beverages
- Collaborative and cool office culture
- Work-life balance (where we don’t encourage fun and relaxation time; we actually require it)
- Unlimited vacation to relax, restore and refresh
How to Apply
Apply here: https://boards.greenhouse.io/trace3/jobs/983614#.WlUcba6nH3g
Check out the awesome video that was shown during the event! Click here to view