The position is for a tax senior who would perform tax research, compliance and reporting and who would be involved in a wide range of accounting activities across all asset classes (cash, fixed income, public and private equity, hedge funds, venture capital, real estate, and other alternative asset classes) on the accounting and tax team of one of the nation’s premier multi-family offices. The office is located in a picturesque setting and offers an attractive work environment. The position reports to our two Tax Managers.
- Research, preparation and filing of federal and state income tax returns and related Schedules K-1 for all entities. Includes computing allocations consistent with partnership agreements, compiling data from related organizations, and using Lacerte tax software to prepare tax returns.
- Assist with investment and legal entity structuring to maximize after-tax returns on investments
- Assist in coordination and completion for federal and state tax audits
- Preparation of quarterly and annual financial statements using QuickBooks and Great Plains accounting systems and other data
- Prepare current and deferred tax provisions for audited entities
- Prepare annual assessment and update of uncertain tax positions for audited entities
- Prepare all required forms pertaining to foreign investment tax reporting requirements (such as Forms 114, 926, 5471, 8621, 8858, 8865, 8938, etc.)
- Prepare payroll and sales tax returns
- Follow appropriate processes and procedures to assure that tax information is accessible electronically and retained for required periods
- Interfacing with the internal accounting and investment groups and fulfilling data requests on all tax-related topics and areas
- Prepare quarterly and annual tax filings for individual clients and respond to their tax related inquires
- Must be able to exercise sound judgment, conduct tax research analyses, and make tax decisions under uncertainty
- Must have, at minimum, a BA/BS in accounting, a CPA license, and two to three years of experience in partnership and/or investment taxation, preferably with a top tier public accounting firm; tax return preparation experience is required, MS in Taxation required
- Understanding of tax matters associated with high net worth individuals, partnerships, trusts and not-for-profit organizations is highly desirable
- Experience with Lacerte tax software is preferred
- Must be flexible and have the desire to be involved in a wide variety of tax and accounting projects and assignments
The position will provide a competitive salary and benefits.
How to Apply
Email resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org