USA TODAY NETWORK is one of the top 20 digital companies in the country, sharing the list with Google, Facebook, and Amazon. And we have over 100 million unique visitors a month, which is more than Buzzfeed, Yahoo News, and Huffington Post. Because our team consists of over 110 local properties with USA TODAY at the helm, you’ll have the luxury of living in a community you love while making a national impact.
Tax Research and Analysis Specialist
The Gannett Tax team is searching for a talented Income Tax Research and Analysis Specialist to join its team. The Income Tax Research and Analysis Specialist is responsible for and focuses on the following areas:
- Researching the technical tax issues, and modeling the tax impacts associated with proposed and completed business transactions; and,
- Performing and reviewing research on other federal income tax matters. In addition, this position will complete other tax projects, including GAAP-tax difference calculations, and other tax department priorities, as assigned.
The position is based out of Gannett’s Corporate Tax Department in McLean, Virginia.
- Researching federal income tax technical issues for M&A transactions
- Completing tax modeling calculations, as well as computing the federal tax impacts of business and regulation changes
- Teaming with other departments to address tax issues, including finance, legal, and treasury
- Drafting technical tax memoranda
- Performing and reviewing other federal income tax research and calculations
- Answering tax authority inquiries and requests for information
- Completing special projects associated with federal income tax issues
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field
- Qualified candidates will have a minimum of 4 years of experience in the area of corporate income taxes, in either a consulting firm environment, corporate environment, or both
- Familiarity with MS Office software, including strong Excel computation skills, and the ability to understand software workflow and learn applicable software applications used in the tax department is required
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong organization skills
- Ability to work collaboratively within a team
How to Apply
Please visit the application page in order to apply.