At Keysight, we help companies address their toughest challenges with precision and confidence. We offer the most precise electronic measurement tools in the industry, with advanced software to match. Our employees leverage their insight and passion to revolutionize electronic measurement and make a difference in the world.
The Tax Reporting Senior Manager is a critical role within the Income Tax function of Keysight’s Tax Department. This position is responsible for preparation of Keysight’s US GAAP income tax provision as well as overall consolidation of non-US components within the worldwide income tax provision. The role will be responsible for ensuring compliance with the latest rules on tax accounting as provided by US GAAP reporting and will include analytical review and research for proper treatment on new deals and transactions.
The US Tax Reporting Senior Manager position reports to the Director of Tax Reporting & US Compliance and interacts regularly with the Corporate Finance organization and external auditors. A significant portion of the provision is prepared by Keysight’s India Tax office located in Manesar, India. Accordingly, the ability to manage global teams remotely is a key skill.
Primary responsibilities will include the following:
- Prepare quarterly and annual federal and state components of US GAAP and non-GAAP income tax provisions.
- Manage consolidation of non-US components into worldwide quarterly and annual US income tax provisions.
- Prepare quarterly and annual SEC disclosures.
- Manage federal and state calculations included in the quarterly and annual US income tax provisions.
- Manage consolidation income tax accounts, including account analysis and reconciliation.
- Manage overall compliance with SOX controls.
- Partner with the Federal and International Tax functions to fulfill these responsibilities.
- Maintain knowledge of current tax accounting rules, SEC reporting pronouncements and federal and state income tax law and ensure proper application as part of the company's tax accounting reporting and compliance processes.
- Manage India Tax Team reporting to you, including providing technical instruction, oversight, and guidance.
- Drive special projects such as implementation of the tax planning, provision & compliance processes, analysis of income tax consequences of transactions, acquisitions, and divestitures, and projects relating to other business initiatives.
- Collaborate across the business and with Keysight global tax team.
- BA/BS degree in accounting, CPA designation and/or Masters in Tax.
- A minimum of 7-10 years tax experience in Big 4 accounting firm with a proven track record of increasing levels of responsibility and/or equivalent experience in tax department of a large multi-national corporation.
- Strong understanding of and experience with ASC740 (FAS109), FIN48, and accounting principles.
- Must be a detail-oriented, organized thinker with strong accounting, analytical and computer skills
- Demonstrated leadership, management, interpersonal skills required.
- Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing with all levels of personnel, and across internal and external departments, functions, and organizations.
- High degree of accuracy and proven ability to meet deadlines in a time sensitive environment.
- The individual must have the highest standards of integrity, business controls, and business practices.
- Must be a team player.