Be a part of the Finance team — Use your expertise to lead a team committed to ensuring compliance with our state income tax obligations
Humana is seeking a Manager, State Income Tax who will provide guidance to manage complex projects associated with the preparation, filing and audits of Humana’s state and local income tax returns. You will also continually search for areas of improvement, developing and introducing new ideas and processes which will help increase accuracy and productivity, while minimizing the company’s state tax liabilities.
- Review and prepare state and local tax returns (separate, combined, consolidated, unitary), including quarterly estimates, partnering with the Corporate Accounting, Legal, Treasury and Systems Development departments to ensure accuracy
- Manage the audits of Humana’s state income tax returns
- Participate in the quarterly and annual tax provision process
- Maintain and provide timely and accurate reconciliations of various general ledger accounts
- Compile, retrieve and summarize accounting information for analysis and reporting purposes, utilizing computer applications and tax software
- Interpersonal Effectiveness: Understands oneself, effectively manages emotions, listens and communicates with respect, and builds trusting relationships.
- Leads Positively: Leads by example to cultivate a climate of motivation, positive energy and meaning in work. Assesses, selects, recognizes, develops, and empowers diverse talent.
- Accountability: Meets established expectations and takes responsibility for achieving results; encourages others to do the same.
- Leads Change: Guides and energizes others, models adaptability, and inspires strong organizational performance through periods of transformation, ambiguity, and complexity.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- Prior federal and state compliance experience
- Prior experience managing teams of Exempt level associates
- Comprehensive knowledge of tax compliance software (OneSource)
- Proficiency using Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Insurance tax experience helpful
How to Apply
Click here https://humana.taleo.net/careersection/jobdetail.ftl?job=186503&lang=en to apply.