Are you in for a big challenge, like contributing to the success of starting up a new global company? Epiroc is the company Atlas Copco plans to dividend out in 2018, subject to shareholders' and stock exchange approvals. Epiroc will be a leading global productivity partner the mining, infrastructure and natural resources industries. Epiroc stands for innovation, commitment and collaboration, which is the speed to market & industry leadership; the passion to help customers succeed and a close partnership for deep understanding of the needs. We clearly aim to be our customers’ first choice.
The mission of the Tax Manager is to provide the appropriate federal, state, and local tax support to our North American operating companies in the efficient and accurate reporting and filing of all North American based income and franchise taxes on a timely and accurate basis. The Tax Manager’s input into strategic and tactical tax strategies is also important as well as continuous process improvements in how tax filings are submitted and prepared.
- Prepares Federal tax return for Epiroc North America Corporation (ENAC) and its operating companies on a timely basis.
- Manages the compliance process for Epiroc Canada Holdings (ECH) and its operating companies on a timely basis.
- Manages the quarterly tax provision for ENAC, ECH, and their operating companies.
- Reviews deferred taxes for ENAC, ECH, and their operating companies.
- Provides support for Epiroc’s Mexican operations.
- Tracks deferred tax assets & liabilities.
- Prepares effective tax rate reconciliations.
- Manages and / or assists in the calculation of research & development tax credits and foreign tax credits.
- Reviews quarterly estimated tax payments and extension requests for ENAC, ECH, and subsidiaries.
- Provides assistance to VP Tax on income, franchise, and sales/VAT tax audits.
- Provides assistance to VP Tax on transfer pricing documentation and questions.
- Provides assistance with merger and acquisition activities, including tax due diligence.
- Assists with tax programs, processes, and issues with finance and accounting and the operating units.
- Performs tax research as applicable.
- Oversees the following activities: ◦Maintenance of compliance tax calendar
- Reconciliation of all operating company tax accounts
- Allocation of monthly chargeback to operating companies
- Responses to various tax notices in a timely manner
- State and local registrations ensuring operating companies remain in good standing
- Must have strong interpersonal skills including the ability to competently interact with senior management and external advisors.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral are a must.
- Extensive working knowledge of US tax law and tax accounting is necessary.
- General understanding of Canadian and/or Mexican tax law and tax accounting is a plus.
- Experience with tax preparation software, particularly OneSource, is strongly preferred.
- 5 – 7 plus years of diversified tax experience with a large public accounting firm and/or Multinational Corporation.
- Bachelor’s degree with a Masters Degree in taxation or CPA preferred.
Some Travel Required
How to Apply
Please visit http://atlascopco.balancetrak.com – Requisition Number is 2018-002