At Keysight, we help companies address their toughest challenges with precision and confidence. We offer the most precise electronic measurement tools in the industry, with advanced software to match. Our employees leverage their insight and passion to revolutionize electronic measurement and make a difference in the world.
The Tax Counsel is a critical role within Keysight’s Tax Department. This role will provide U.S. tax planning and advising for global business operations, repatriation, global transfer pricing policies M&A and material transactions.
The Tax Counsel will report to the Senior Director, Tax Planning and will interact regularly with many other people within the Tax Department as well as functional areas outside of the Tax, such as Corporate Development, Controllership, Legal, Treasury, and HR.
Primary responsibilities will include the following:
- Review ongoing and new business activities and provide advice on the tax consequences, risks and opportunities;
- Work closely with the Senior Transfer Pricing Manager to address global transfer pricing policy issues and audits;
- Repatriation planning to bring cash to the U.S. in a tax effective manner;
- Provide tax planning advice and assist with tax modeling for M&A and other material Keysight transactions, including integration planning and execution;
- Ensure tax implications of M&A and other material transactions are reflected into Keysight’s tax provision and U.S. tax returns;
- Partner with the international tax team to drive effective foreign country tax planning;
- Research and draft memoranda documenting positions taken, preparation of FIN 48 analyses and presentations for any tax authority negotiations;
- Manage outside tax advisors and counsel to bring in expertise required for arriving at optimal solutions/decisions; and
- Stay informed of major U.S. tax developments.
Highest standards of integrity, business controls, and business practices.
- JD required;
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience at a law firm or Big 4 accounting firm or Fortune 500 company working in U.S. international corporate tax law and transfer pricing;
- Experience with repatriation, foreign tax credits, M&A, Subpart F, and transfer pricing;
- Must have strong analytical skills with proven ability to solve multidimensional problems creatively;
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal skills and the ability to collaborate with business and functional leaders across the company; and