Reporting to the Director of Taxes, the Tax Automation Analyst is responsible for the overall management of technology related products within the tax department and optimization of the use of tax technology to drive process efficiency.
- Improve efficiency and effectiveness of Tax Department processes by leveraging existing financial reporting technology, identify tax technology needs, including initiatives for process improvements, automation, and application of tax process and technology best suited for the company, and assist in the implementation of new technology.
- Develop, plan, and manage technology initiatives for the tax function, including all current and future technology changes, working with the IT department to design, develop, test, and implement new tax technology as needed. Manage project implementations and process improvements.
- Determine the optimal use of technology to maximize the end-to-end efficiency of the Federal and State tax compliance and provision processes. Work with other tax department personnel to plan and implement needed process changes.
- Work with tax compliance and income tax provision staff to obtain a strong understanding of our tax processes. Assist with tax compliance and provision work during peak times.
- Ensure Tax Department personnel have proper access rights to software applications, and ensure tax software applications and hardware is updated and configured to optimize performance of tax technology.
- A Bachelors or Master’s degree in Accounting. Ideal candidate will have an advanced degree with an emphasis in taxation and/or have passed the CPA exam.
- 5 plus years’ experience including a combination of income tax compliance and implementation and/or maintenance of tax related information systems. In certain situations a candidate with an information systems background and relevant tax and accounting experience will be considered.
- Collaborative approach, ability to communicate technical topics to a diverse audience.
- Exposure to CorpTax and working knowledge HFM. Familiarity with Oracle, Sabrix and PTMS a plus.
- Strong Excel skills.
This is a progression position and could be a level I, II or III. Compensation and progression level will be based on candidate’s experience and education, and current business needs.
Note: This position has the potential to be based out Charlotte, NC, however being based at Sonoco Global HQ in Hartsville, SC is ideal. If based in Charlotte, NC, this position will require travel to/from Hartsville, SC regularly.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and we strictly prohibit and do not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants or any other covered persons because of race, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity or expression, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any legally protected characteristic.