Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations. Combining unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries and all business functions – underpinned by the world’s largest delivery network – Accenture works at the intersection of business and technology to help clients improve their performance and create sustainable value for their stakeholders. With approximately 425,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries, Accenture drives innovation to improve the way the world works and lives. Visit us at www.accenture.com.
People in the Corporate Function career track contribute to the running of Accenture as a high- performance business through specialization within a specific functional area, and grow into internally focused roles by deepening their skills and/or developing new skills within an internal functional area.
Finance professionals prepare and interpret financial plans and reports, ensuring accuracy and compliance with applicable financial rules and regulations, including internal financial controls, to mitigate risk for the company. May also shape and execute client deals to maximize the use of Accenture's capital and resources, manage cash and/or liaise with the investor community.
The Associate Director, Tax Accounting and Reporting Lead, reports to the Director, Tax Accounting. The Tax Accounting and Reporting Lead is responsible for forecasting the global effective income tax rate and cash tax payments, overseeing the uncertain tax position analysis and calculations, managing the preparation of quarterly and annual SEC disclosures, and communicating with Finance leadership.
Brief Description of Duties:
- Manage the quarterly and annual tax provision computation and global effective tax rate forecasts, including performing a detailed review of material, complex, or unusual items.
- Partner with geographic tax and accounting experts to ensure that material issues are properly analyzed, documented, and reported in tax accounting processes, including valuation allowance positions, unrecognized tax benefits, M&A transactions, and tax planning initiatives.
- Monitor emerging issues in tax accounting and reporting, as well as proposed changes in tax laws, and quantify any financial statement impact.
- Oversee inventory of tax positions, including identification and measurement of uncertain tax benefits in accordance with ASC 740.
- Oversee the global income tax account reconciliation and analysis and tax cash payment forecasting for free cash flow guidance.
- Develop presentations of key tax accounting and forecasting information for senior leadership, including quarterly results, annual forecast, and long range impact of income taxes on global earnings, cash flows, and the global balance sheet.
- Prepare or review all required disclosures for quarterly earnings releases and SEC filings, including the income tax footnote and MD&A.
- Manage the internal and external deadlines related to quarterly earnings release and financial statement filing for the entire Tax Accounting team.
- Manage external financial audits and reviews of reported income tax.
- Prepare financial modeling and forecasting of various ad hoc scenarios.
- Develop technical tax accounting expertise of team members, conduct training for geographic tax experts and local controllership as required, and promote awareness of tax accounting issues across Finance.
- Evaluate tax accounting processes for continuous improvement to increase efficiency and mitigate risk.
- Perform all other related duties and special projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Finance, Accounting, or related discipline.
- Minimum of 10 years of tax and accounting experience with a public accounting firm, public company tax department, or ideally a combination of both
- CPA is preferred
- Extensive working knowledge of U.S. GAAP accounting principles and ASC 740, with 5+ years significant tax accounting experience.
- Experience with OneSource Tax Provision software and SAP preferred
- Strong presentation, organizational and project management skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint); advanced Excel skills a plus.
Demonstrated teamwork and collaboration in a professional setting; either military or civilian
- Strong oral, written and interpersonal skills with the ability to team effectively with all levels of management and different business cultures
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Independent thinker and self-starter
- Demonstrated leadership in professional setting; either military or civilian
How to apply:
Apply at Accenture