At Schwan's Company, we are driven to bring our customers delicious foods and reliable services. That's how we grew from a "one-man-and-a-truck" delivery business in rural Minnesota to a multibillion-dollar private company with thousands of team members nationwide. Our commitment to delicious foods shows in all we do, from careful ingredient selection and quality food making to delivering a great experience wherever you shop and eat.
The foods we make reach customers in many ways. We deliver directly to our customer's homes through our popular food-delivery business, offer well-known retail brands such as Red Baron®, Freschetta®, and Tony's® pizzas, Pagoda® snacks and appetizers, and Mrs. Smith's® and Edwards® desserts, and bring innovative food solutions to our customers in the food-service industry. To learn more, visit us at http://www.schwanscompany.com/
- This position has the overall responsibility for federal and state Income tax. Responsible for reviewing/preparing the Company’s quarterly and annual ASC 740 financial reporting FIN48 analysis and internal controls.
- Researching tax legislation and recommending appropriate actions policies and procedures.
- Reviewing the Company’s federal and state income tax compliance and tax planning and forecasting activities and other miscellaneous tax projects.
- Reviews and/or prepares the quarterly and year-end ASC 740 (Accounting for Income Taxes) financial reporting including soliciting information from various parties calculating appropriate income tax expense and deferral amounts reviewing and/or preparing various reconciliations footnote disclosures FIN 48 disclosures and ensuring that this information is properly reflected in the financial statements.
- Interfaces with the Company’s independent auditors and maintains knowledge of current accounting rules and pronouncements.
- Evaluates complex tax planning ideas via regulations and interprets and executes a plan for the law changes to ensure the implementation is incorporated in timely filed returns substantiated for jurisdictional audits and financial reporting.
- Demonstrates an acute knowledge of federal and state income tax laws accounting methods tax return disclosure and election requirements.
- Assesses the impact of proposed and enacted statutory and case law to the Company recommending actions policies and procedures that effectively further the Company’s tax strategies and goals and communicating the recommended actions and their effects to both finance and non-finance corporate personnel.
- Mitigates risk to the company while effectively managing the effective tax rate for the organization.
- Provides oversight on the work plan management and can readily identify and communicate the necessary; changes due to law changes audit activity and changes in business.
- Assists with the Company’s IRS exams.
- Responds to document requests with appropriate information in a manner that minimizes the Company’s federal income tax liabilities and mitigates any related penalties.
- This requires extensive coordination and communication with various individuals in the Company' and an in-depth understanding of the Company and tax laws.
- Assists with mergers and acquisition including due diligence process and integration planning. Develops and builds relationships with Corporate Accounting IT and business units to create an awareness of tax department reporting needs as well as those of the entire company.
- Directs trains and develops subordinates if applicable.
- Responsible to conduct yourself and ensure your subordinates (if applicable) conduct themselves in a manner consistent with company mission values code of ethics policies and other standards of conduct.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field of study. CPA MBA or law degree preferred.
- Years of Related Experience: 9+ years
- Knowledge/Skills/Abilities: Specific tax expertise in federal and multi- state income taxation; Strong research skills; Proficient understanding of ASC 740 (Accounting for Income Taxes)/FIN48; Thorough working knowledge of tax law generally accepted accounting principles and regulatory requirements (SOX); Strong analytical and problem-solving skills; Thorough working knowledge of tax software and accounting systems; Advanced PC skills including Microsoft Word Excel SAP Specialized Tax Software etc; Strong project management people management and leadership skills; Strong communication (both written and verbal) and interpersonal skills; Ability to create and deliver effective presentations to a variety of audiences; Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously; Ability to adjust work within shifting priorities.
The employing subsidiaries of Schwan's Company are Equal Employment Opportunity Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, age, race, color, religion, gender, vet status, national origin or other protected class.
How to Apply