Senior Tax Mgr – International Compliance and Reporting 936043
LOCATION: Sunnyvale, California
Job Summary: This position is responsible for managing U.S. international tax compliance, supporting foreign tax provision preparation, and related international tax issues.
- Review and manage international portion of company’s U.S. income tax return, including Forms 8858, 5471, 1118, 5713 as well as others as needed
- Co-ordinate and manage review and approval of the international portion of Company’s U.S. tax return by external service providers, including technical analysis and discussion of issues raised.
- Manage preparation and review of E&P adjustments, Subpart F income, and foreign tax credit.
- Manage tax return disclosures for international issues and transactions.
- Manage, supervise and train team members supporting international compliance in direct tax hub offshore.
- Manage and review annual update and maintenance of E&P pools, section 987 calculations and tax pools.
- Work with Finance shared services center personnel to collect and maintain, for U.S. income tax reporting, all foreign jurisdiction tax returns filed since the prior year in the EMEA, APAC and LatAm regions.
- Coordinate preparation of income tax account reconciliations for all entities by EMEA, APAC and LatAm shared services center personnel and review for accuracy.
- Manage FATCA and KYC requests from Company’s Treasury dept., annual FINCEN filings.
- Review and approve monthly tax calculations, tax returns and submissions for the Company’s LatAm entities in conjunction with shared service center personnel and external service providers.
- Manage preparation of Canadian entities’ tax filings with external service providers.
- Assist with preparation of foreign tax provision and migration of process to Provision software.
- Work with Accounting personnel as needed to ensure proper inter-company accounting calculations for U.S. income tax reporting.
- Coordinate with Finance shared services centers, GL accounting, revenue and other teams on various international tax issues.
- Support international aspects of U.S. controversy, including preparation of responses and supporting work papers.
- Assist with planning for repatriation of offshore earnings.
- Support international aspects of acquisition accounting and integration as needed.
- Manage AR and AP withholding tax requests for tax guidance.
- Research relevant international tax matters.
- Assist with other projects, as required.
- Experienced manager with supervisory experience required.
- Strong hands-on knowledge of OneSource international income tax compliance software required.
- Oracle/SAP and Hyperion reporting tool experience a plus.
- Strong accounting, analytical and tax technical skills.
- Strong working knowledge of financial accounting and international income tax concepts required.
- Resourceful person with solid project management, organizational and execution skills.
- Ability to take initiative and work independently, as well as in a team environment.
- Ability to multi-task and handle a variety of tax assignments in a fast-paced environment including being flexible to geographic time zones.
- Flexibility in working hours during peak reporting periods required.
- Ability to prioritize tasks appropriately, meet deadlines, execute with accuracy and recognize when issues need escalation.
- Ability to be detail oriented and work in a hands-on environment while seeing the big picture.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to interact effectively internally as well as with external service providers.
- 10-12 years of international income tax experience with a combination of Big Four and multinational corporation tax department.
- Experience in supervising, managing and developing staff is a must.
- Strong experience in preparation of foreign tax provision for a U.S. multinational corporation.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance; CPA and a Masters in Taxation preferred.
- Strong technical knowledge and hands on experience with U.S. international tax issues of large multinational high-tech companies.
- Experience with LatAm, EMEA and APAC countries’ statutory reporting and income tax filings.
Please email all resumes to Monica Borello.