Expedia Corporate Finance team’s goal is to maximize shareholder values. As part of the Tax Department, the U.S. Tax Reporting team helps to achieve goals and priorities of the Corporate Finance team and other Expedia organization. We partner with other teams within the Tax group to complete our objectives: accurate and on-time filings of U.S. federal and state income tax returns while providing support for the Global Tax Provision team.
Expedia’s Tax Department is a high-energy, fast-growing work environment, and you will work as part of the U.S. Tax Reporting Team for assistance with a wide range of federal and multi-state income tax functions, including federal and state tax compliance including partnerships, tax controversy, tax credits and incentives, M&A, tax planning, and other special projects. In addition, this role will assist in supporting the provision teams when needed.
We seek an individual who is a self-starter and diligent problem solver, and as a team member, you will work closely with other members of Expedia Tax Department to ensure accurate and proper documentation of the U.S. federal and state tax compliance process.
YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES IN THIS POSITION INCLUDE:
- Assist with preparation of quarterly U.S. tax provision and at year-end
- Prepare U.S. domestic cash tax forecast
- Calculate provision to return reconciliation
- You will prepare federal and state income tax returns and supporting work papers including timely preparation and filing of extension and estimated tax payments
- Working with a senior manager, you will prepare state apportionment schedules
- Manage U.S. domestic payment process (i.e. tax payments/refunds and tax attributes tracking schedule)
- Prepare state income tax payable reconciliation
- Handle tax notices from various states
- Working on documentation for book/tax difference positions
- Provide income tax controversy support including compiling records and information for responses to information document requests
- Assist with the coordination, calculation, and monitoring of state tax credits and incentives
- Work on technology implementation and innovation (e.g., SharePoint, Oracle, Fixed Assets) and to provide support for ongoing process transformation
- Handle domestic transaction support and business initiatives and preparation of informational forms
- Monitor state legislative updates to propose income tax saving opportunities and exposures
- Build relationships outside of tax (e.g., coordinate with Payroll, Legal and Accounting)
- Coordinate and collaborate with tax team members
- Meet CPE requirements
- BA/BS and/or Masters degree in business, accounting, or relevant degree. CPA license preferred
- At least 3+ years of public accounting experience with one of the "Big Four" firms or equivalent experience
- Own strong foundation of corporate income tax rules, laws, & concepts, with excellent tax research skills
- Demonstrate the ability to use tax knowledge and previous experience to add value and assist in meeting the department's objectives while working in a fast-paced, team oriented, rapidly changing, and high-growth organization
- Hold proficient in the use of Microsoft Office, specifically Excel, and Corptax tax compliance software experience is required
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Organized and attentive to detail
- Be a self-starter and diligent problem solver and work well independently or in a team environment
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.
HOW TO APPLY
Please visit https://expedia.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/search/job/USA---Washington---Bellevue/Senior-Tax-Analyst_R-23421