Our Senior Tax Administrator will be responsible for the preparation of monthly tax accounts reconciliation, EV certification/quarterly sales reports, and U.S. Commerce Forms. This position will also assist with monthly tax provision calculation as well as international tax issues, including withholding tax matters (1042 reportings and review of W-8 forms received from foreign vendors), FBAR reportings, in-patriate withholding tax calculation, any Mexican tax matters relating to transactions with the Mexico plant, and BEPS projects. Furthermore, this position will coordinate preparation of Forms 1099 and conduct tax research on tax laws relating to non-income tax return matters, such as FATCA, individual taxes, electric vehicles, etc. On an as-needed basis, this position will assist with sales tax audit.
- Assist with (1) withholding tax issues, including 1042 reporting and review of W-8 forms received from foreign vendors, (2) FBAR reporting, (3) in-patriate withholding tax calculation, (4) any tax matters in Mexico, and (5) BEPS projects.
- Coordinate preparation of Forms 1099.
- Assists with monthly tax provision calculation and prepare monthly tax accounts reconciliation.
- Conduct tax research on tax laws relating to non-income tax return matters, such as FATCA, individual taxes, electric vehicles, etc.
- Prepare U.S. Commerce Forms.
- Assist with sales tax audit on an as-needed basis.
Overall Related Experience:
- Understanding of general accounting and income tax laws
- Automotive industry experience preferred
Directly Related Experience:
- Minimum 3~5 years’ work experience in public accounting firm desired.
- Occasional travel may be required domestically and/or internationally.
- May need to work additional hours outside of normal business hours as required by the job, including weekends or holidays.
- Perform other duties as assigned (eg. cross training, backup coverage, etc.)
- Ability to perform well individually as well as part of a team.
- Willingness to adapt to changing situations and needs in a positive manner.
Kia Motors America offers an environment where we place a strong focus on our customer, embrace challenges and work collaboratively. If you’re looking for this type of a dynamic company, then Kia Motors America should be in your consideration for employment opportunities. Based in one of the nation's most desirable communities in Southern California. Our outstanding benefits package includes 100% paid health insurance, 401(k) plan, plus much more. EOE M/F/D/V. For more information about Kia, please visit our website at www.kia.com/ or kiajobs.com.