It starts with great chemistry.
Univar is more than a distribution company – we’re a leading, global partner dedicated to improving the quality of life through the products, expertise, and relationships that serve the world’s most essential industries. Founded in 1924, with global headquarters in Downers Grove, IL, Univar generated $9 billion in sales in 2015. We are a leading global chemical distributor and provider of innovative value-added services with the #1 market position in North America and the #2 market position in Europe.
Creating great chemistry is not just about the innovative products and services we safely deliver to customers around the world. It also takes people – people like you – and today, our worldwide team of more than 9,000 employees is helping build a company where the best people want to work. If you’re looking for an experience where your everyday actions will make a positive difference, you’ve come to the right place.
We invite you to join our company as a Senior Manager – Global Tax Reporting in our Redmond, WA office.
The main responsibilities of the Senior Manager, Global Tax Reporting will be to oversee the global tax provision consolidation in compliance with US GAAP income tax accounting principles, manage the SOX 404 tax accounting compliance requirements as they apply to the global tax provision consolidation, partner with the Financial Reporting & Analysis team as a key stakeholder in global EBT data delivery and contribute to special projects within the Global Tax Department as needed. On a day-to-day basis, this position will be expected to fulfill the compliance and financial tax reporting obligations of the enterprise and lead continuous process improvements in the global tax provision process.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain ownership for Univar’s global tax provision consolidation and related disclosures process
- Analyze the consolidation of the tax provision for the quarterly and annual interim reporting periods. This includes calculating an annual and quarterly effective tax rates; documenting quarterly tax provision processes which satisfy SOX404 requirements, and preparing quarterly and year-end tax provision entries at a consolidation level in conformity with US GAAP reporting requirements for SEC disclosures.
- Track tax aspects of FAS 123R and preparing quarterly and year-end entries
- Work directly with the Financial Planning & Analysis team on reviewing quarterly forecasts and ensure the US, Canada, EMEA and ROW provision teams have the appropriate data necessary to perform the region tax provision
- Develop working knowledge of SAP, HFM, SharePoint and OneSource Tax Provision and Workflow/FileRoom applications, as well as other financial reporting tools to analyze appropriate financial data
- Prepare Executive Analysis and present quarterly and annual results to Vice President – Global Tax, as well the Company’s CFO and Controller
- Bring creative, practical solutions to the provision teams and provide development for team members to support career growth
- Assist with the analysis, documentation and implementation of special projects
- Sets department guidelines and deliverables for the Company’s quarterly and annual consolidated global tax provision
- Minimum 7-10 years of tax experience in public accounting and/or a multinational corporate tax department with global tax provision responsibility Excellent communication (verbal and written) and financial analysis skills required to convey the tax impact of complex technical issues to tax team and non-tax business partners
- ASC 740/FAS 109 experience, including FIN 48, accounting for stock-based compensation, and working knowledge of major tax jurisdictions in Canada, EMEA and LATAM
- Working knowledge of transfer pricing principles
- Experience in managing SOX 404 requirements for income tax accounting
- Strong database and desktop application ability
- Strong experience with using and implementing technology for the tax accounting processes (preferably OneSource)
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, ability to collaborate effectively with provision team members
- Exhibit strong analytical thinking, ability to work in a fast pace environment with excellent prioritization and organizational skills; High attention to detail
- Self-motivated with strong project and people management skills
- Desire to lead but willing to do hands-on preparation if required
- Highly motivated leader who embraces change and is a champion for continuous improvement
- Strong leadership and talent development skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, including strong Excel skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting required
- Masters of Taxation required
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
We offer comprehensive benefits to full time and part time employees including medical, dental, STD, LTD and life insurance, 401k, generous vacation and sick leave and much more.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minority/Female/Disability/Vets