Every day, Baxter touches the lives of millions of patients and providers worldwide who rely on our essential hospital and renal products and services.
You’ll find Baxter’s products and therapies on nearly every floor, in almost every hospital worldwide, in clinics and in the home. Baxter’s employees are building upon the company’s rich heritage of medical breakthroughs to advance the next generation of healthcare innovations that enable patient care.
Our commitment to our mission means we are there when patients and healthcare professionals need us, during the critical moments that matter most.
At Baxter, we aspire to have a culture of workplace flexibility, which is a critical aspect of being a best place to work. Baxter was an early supporter of workplace flexibility, and we encourage our employees to pursue a work/life balance that results in a rewarding, sustaining work experience.
- Under direction of the Tax Director, performs tax accounting duties, and other special projects, including support of various Tax Department workstreams.
- Assists with computing quarterly and annual domestic tax provisions for US GAAP under ASC 740.
- Assists with quantifying tax accounting impact of A) annual processes, including maintenance of domestic deferred tax inventory and return-to-accrual processes, and B) ad-hoc demands, including the impact of audits, tax audit payables, and uncertain tax positions.
- In partnership with Tax Director & VP, determines accounting treatment of SEC pronouncements and transactions under ASC 740, including purchase accounting.
- Supports third party back office service provider to ensure Tax Department requirements are communicated and implemented timely and accurately.
- Supports SOX controls.
- Participates in departmental process improvements, which may include SharePoint development, and tax provision software selection, implementation, and ongoing maintenance.
- Participates in other department functions as required, including state, federal & US-international compliance & audit defense.
Key Experiences, Skills, and Education
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting required, CPA required, MST a plus.
- 5+ years’ broad experience in corporate income tax, which includes hands-on experience within an in-house multinational corporate tax department.
- Direct experience preparing tax provisions under ASC 740 desired.
- Experience with tax provision & compliance software (BNA Corporate Tax Analyzer, Longview, Corptax, OneSource, HFM) a plus.
- Experience with JD Edwards, HFM and/or other ERP/consolidation systems a plus.
- Effective communications skills to work with internal Tax and Controllers’ Departments, plus external audit firm personnel.
- Solid writing skills to develop tax accounting policy in clear, concise manner.
- Proactive self-starter, open to multiple ongoing work assignments and comfortable with changing priorities.
- Passionate about learning and willing to learn and work with various accounting applications.
- Well-developed analytical and organizational skills.
- Intellectually curious and not afraid to suggest different approaches to an issue.