Reporting to the Director of Taxes, the Manager of Federal Tax is responsible for ensuring that the company’s US federal tax obligations are complied with in accordance with applicable laws and regulations, and all processes are optimized through the use of the most up-to-date technology.
- With assistance of tax analysts, responsible for timely preparation and filing of all federal tax returns.
- Collaborate with other tax department personnel in reviewing and optimizing the use of technology to significantly automate the end-to-end Federal and State compliance and tax provision processes.
- Identify, explore and implement tax planning strategies.
- Work with the Tax Provision Analyst and Director of Tax in the computation of the income tax provision and preparation of all tax related components and disclosures of the company’s annual report, quarterly and annual SEC filings, and press releases.
- Maintain and monitor complete and accurate records and work papers for all projects completed to support the tax filings and tax positions. Comply with the company’s existing internal controls, and improve and develop new controls in order to constantly improve the control environment with respect to taxes.
- Work with operational management to ensure that federal tax incentives are optimized and complied with.
- Responsible for hiring and developing tax analysts in tax compliance area.
- A Bachelors or Masters degree in Accounting and CPA (with special exceptions). Ideal candidate will have an advanced degree with an emphasis in taxation.
- 5-10 years of tax and tax accounting experience in a corporate multi-national, multi-state setting, or equivalent public accounting experience. Technical proficiency with income tax laws and regulations and with tax accounting requirements.
- Collaborative approach, ability to communicate technical topics to a diverse audience.
- Strong experience with management of projects and personnel required.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and we strictly prohibit and do not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants or any other covered persons because of race, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity or expression, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any legally protected characteristic.