It starts with great chemistry.
Univar is more than a distribution company – we’re a leading, global partner dedicated to improving the quality of life through the products, expertise, and relationships that serve the world’s most essential industries. Founded in 1924, Univar generated $8.1 billion in sales in 2016. We are a leading global chemical distributor and provider of innovative value-added services with the #1 market position in North America and the #2 market position in Europe.
Creating great chemistry is not just about the innovative products and services we safely deliver to customers around the world. It also takes people – people like you – and today, our worldwide team of more than 8,700 employees is helping build a company where the best people want to work. If you’re looking for an experience where your everyday actions will make a positive difference, you’ve come to the right place.
We invite you to join our team as a Manager- Domestic Tax in our Corporate Tax Department located in Redmond, Washington. This position is a member of the domestic tax team reporting to the Sr. Manager- North America Tax.
Role and Responsibilities
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
Income Tax Accounting Responsibilities:
- Review quarterly and annual U.S. federal and state income tax provisions
- Review/validate deferred tax asset/liability balances
- Evaluate uncertain tax positions under ASC 740-10
- Stay current on federal law changes
- Interact and communicate effectively with various business personnel and business units to identify variables impacting federal and state income tax
- Participate in implementation of tax provision software
Income Tax Compliance Responsibilities:
- Review consolidated federal and state income tax return and/or components
- Coordinate review of pro forma 1120s for recent acquisitions\
Income Tax Planning Responsibilities:
- Prepare/review domestic income tax calculations for quarterly forecasting model
- Modeling for U.S. federal and state income tax planning, including assessing risks, benefits, and implementation
- Support acquisition and entity rationalization projects
- Provide data collection and research support on federal income tax audits
- Support special projects
- SOX 404 compliance
- Train and supervise staff and interns
- BA/BS degree in accounting or taxation
- 4 - 6 years of federal corporate income tax experience, preferably some in public accounting
- Masters of Taxation or Accounting preferred
- Technical experience with ASC 740
- Very strong organizational, interpersonal and communication skills
- Detail oriented, proactive and highly analytical
- Experience with One Source software, SAP, Hyperion
- A high degree of competency with Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- A team oriented, enthusiastic, customer-centric attitude
- Flexible work schedule
To apply send email with current resume with subject line "Manager-Federal Tax, Redmond WA" to UnivarCareers@univarusa.com
We offer comprehensive benefits to full time and part time employees including medical, dental, STD, LTD and life insurance, 401k, generous vacation and sick leave and much more.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minority/Female/Disability/Vets