Every day, our passionate employees connect our customers to the world and everything in it – it’s why we exist at Shaw, and it’s why we strive to be the place where the best people choose to work. Our people reflect the richness of our communities, and our culture is inclusive of each individual’s diverse background and perspective, which makes us a stronger team.
At Shaw we believe a diverse workforce fosters diversity of thought and perspective, and more diversity means more solutions. We invite all qualified individuals to apply.
Shaw Communications Inc. has an exciting opportunity for a Lead Manager, Taxation to join the Corporate Taxation team. Working at our downtown Calgary office, and reporting to the Director, Taxation the successful candidate will play a critical role in a high performing team that delivers value to the organization by minimizing income taxes and ensuring tax compliance.
- Lead federal and provincial income tax audits;
- Partner with the business on strategic projects and initiatives to ensure income tax implications have been proactively considered.
- Review tax provisions and other tax reporting requirements;
- Review corporate income tax returns and other tax filings;
- Oversee income tax budgeting and modeling;
- Perform tax research and prepare analysis on corporate income tax matters;
- Assist in the development and implementation of tax planning strategies;
- Assist on various other income tax projects, as required; and
- Manage the performance and development of the income tax team.
Skills, Knowledge and Required Competencies:
- Professional accounting designation with a minimum of 10 years progressive income tax experience and completion of the In-Depth Tax Course;
- Strong tax technical experience;
- Proven leadership skills – able to build a high-performing team and be hands on in the work as required;
- Demonstrated judgment, influence and strategic thinking;
- Ability to communicate complex tax issues in a clear manner to all levels of the organization;
- Ability to foster and manage effective working relationships with people from all areas of the business;
- Ability to build knowledge as the business evolves;
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively;
- Ability to manage multiple priorities, competing timelines, deliver results under pressure;
- High level of integrity and accountability; and
- Detail oriented and resourceful.
If you want to be part of something bigger—part of a dynamic team of people who are aligned, focused, and passionate about working together to care for our customers, then we look forward to meeting you! Join us.
We thank all interested applicants; however, only qualified candidates will be contacted. This position requires the successful completion of a criminal and credit background check.
Shaw Communications, through its third party vendor, collects and stores information applicable to the candidate profile you create when you submit the information asked for below. The use and disclosure of the collected information is for the sole purpose of job search and placement activities for Shaw Communications. The information is subject to Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act. The information will be retained and when disposed of, it is done so in a secure manner. Your profile will become inactive and moved to the archive if you do not access your profile for a period of 1 year.