Wave Life Sciences is a clinical stage, biotechnology company focused on delivering transformational therapies for patients with serious, genetically-defined diseases. Our chemistry platform enables the creation of highly specific, well characterized oligonucleotides designed to deliver superior efficacy and safety across multiple therapeutic modalities. Our pipeline is initially focused on neurological disorders and extends across several other therapeutic areas.
Wave is seeking a Head of Tax & Treasury to lead all tax-related activities for the Company, as well as certain responsibilities in our treasury function programs.
- Lead all tax planning, compliance and provision activities, including coordination with external tax advisors;
- Manage the global income tax provision process;
- Manage timely compliance of all tax-related deliverables for federal, state and international filings, including all related analysis and support;
- Prepare tax-related disclosures for SEC filings;
- Ensure compliance with international tax structure;
- Serve as trusted business and tax advisor to leadership team and advise on US, local, and International corporate income tax matters, collect information regarding business changes and identify tax-efficient structures to accommodate business needs.
- Evaluate, recommend and implement global tax planning strategies;
- Lead any tax-related audits;
- Ensure internal controls over accounting for income taxes are designed and operating effectively;
- Partner with business development teams by researching, evaluating, and documenting tax implications of complex business development deals. Advise the team on appropriate terms and structures consistent with Wave’s organizational structure.
- Oversee cash management function, ensuring preservation of principal and adequate cash flow to meet company objectives;
- Lead ad hoc Tax and Treasury projects, as needed.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting. Master’s Degree in Business Taxation preferred;
- Previous experience in leading international tax planning and compliance initiatives;
- At least 5 years of relevant tax experience in the biotech or pharma industry;
- Big Four accounting firm and/or multinational company experience preferred;
- Solid knowledge of assessing and understanding tax impact on company business, operations and transactions in multiple jurisdictions;
- Proficient in global tax provision and compliance processes;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, with ability to interact with all levels of employees;
- Attention to detail;
- Familiar with SOX 404 compliance;
- Good judgement in prioritizing among multiple tasks assigned simultaneously.
Skills and Pre-requisites
- Collaborative work style in a hands-on, team-oriented environment
- Ability to navigate between strategic thinking and tactical execution.
- High level of comfort working with and influencing all levels within the organization.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- A high degree of personal initiative
- Superior organizational, planning, and project management skills
- Strong desire to succeed in a fast-paced, deadline driven organization.
HOW TO APPLY
Visit this page to apply: https://chm.tbe.taleo.net/chm03/ats/careers/v2/viewRequisition;jsessionid=BA0C4E2AE90B7AD22F96FEA6A621EE45?org=WAVELIFESCI&cws=37&rid=199