A global healthcare leader, Novartis has one of the most exciting product pipelines in the industry today. A pipeline of innovative medicines brought to life by diverse, talented, performance driven people. All of which makes us one of the most rewarding employers in our field. We're committed to peak performance, improving the quality of life, and embracing and leveraging diverse backgrounds, cultures and talents to achieve competitive advantage.
- Manage the reporting, review and timely and accurate preparation of current and deferred income tax provision calculations for the US Group, including cash tax forecasting, legal entity profitability, effective tax rate projections, income tax reserves, balance sheet analyses and any associated true-ups, in full compliance with SOX and all IFRS/local regulations.
- Responsible for establishment and maintenance of all tax internal controls.
- Manage all income tax return filing requirements in the US, including all U.S. Federal, relevant foreign and state and local (in coordination with SALT) compliance and oversight and review of consolidated calculations.
- Provide income tax accounting and compliance support for BD&L/M&A and business transactions such as acquisition integration and divestment analysis (e.g., E&P, tax basis and carve out financials).
- Lead income tax accounting and compliance initiatives/projects (US and for the broader Global benefit) including process design/enhancements, software implementations and analysis of proposed tax law changes and impacts of tax audits in close collaboration with SALT, Audit, and Tax Planning sub-teams, Group Tax and key business partners including FRA/FSC.
- Support business unit specific tax matters including tax accounting, federal, state and international income tax compliance and tax audits. Manage compliance and reporting teams including recruiting, performance measurement, and career development.
The Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
- Position will be filled at level commensurate with experience.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in accounting and/or CPA. Master’s degree in Accounting or MS in Tax preferred.
- Languages: English, other languages a plus
- Experience: 15+ years’ experience in income tax compliance/consolidated returns and accounting with large public accounting firm and/or large public company tax department; 10+ years’ experience managing staff.