Eldorado Resorts, Inc. is seeking a Tax Manager for an exciting opportunity as it continues its strategic growth initiatives. If you have excellent technology skills and are creative, this is the place for you!
As a result of the announced merger with Isle of Capri Casinos, Inc., we are expanding the combined tax departments of Eldorado and Isle as we create processes for the new consolidated group of companies. Post-merger, the Company will own 19 gaming properties in 10 states. You will have opportunities to gain experience across the spectrum of tax, including sales, use and property taxes, fixed assets and stock compensation, in addition to the main duties of compliance and provision detailed below.
Tax Compliance Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist with the set-up and testing of the compliance process in OneSource Corporate Income Tax.
- Preparation and review of federal, state and local income tax returns.
- Preparation and review of federal, state and local estimated tax payments and extensions.
Tax Provision Duties and Responsibilities
- Initial set-up and testing of the provision process in OneSource Tax Provision.
- Developing SOX controls around the process.
- Preparation and review of the quarterly and annual U.S. GAAP income tax provision under ASC 740 including analysis and documentation related to Uncertain Tax Positions and related tax footnotes and disclosures in the Company’s SEC filings.
- Participate in the completion of controls and documentation regarding SOX compliance including recommending and implementing changes to enhance internal controls over tax items.
Other Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide timely assistance and support to other departments or operations on tax related matters.
- Monitor new tax and financial reporting developments.
- Perform research, document and advise on tax matters related to tax legislation and various business transactions including mergers, acquisitions, divestitures, etc.
- Participate in the development and implementation of tax strategies.
- Participate in federal, state and local tax audits.
- Work with external tax consultants and internal and external auditors.
- Supervise and develop staff.
- Drive efforts to improve efficiency, accuracy and throughput of tax reporting and compliance processes.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or related field.
- CPA and/or MST preferred.
- 5-10 years of experience in a Big 4 / regional public accounting firm or corporate tax function of a publicly traded company including the quarterly/annual accounting for income tax process and Sarbanes-Oxley compliance.
- Solid experience with federal and multi-state corporate income/franchise tax processes including compliance reporting, audits, and notices.
- Solid experience with tax research and documentation of related conclusions.
Knowledge Skills & Abilities
- Proven project management skills regarding income tax compliance, tax provision and tax planning initiatives.
- Well-developed research and documentation skills; confident with independently researching and recommending appropriate courses of action regarding complex tax issues.
- Solid business acumen with ability to work collaboratively with others as an effective, responsive internal advisor .
- Professional demeanor and appetite for challenge and change.
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities, and effectively manage multiple tasks and projects while maintaining accuracy and quality.
- Continuous improvement mindset and proven experience in re-engineering key tax functions or identifying and implementing process improvement initiatives.
- Well-honed communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to communicate technical issues clearly and to interface with colleagues at all levels within the organization.
- Demonstrated skills in coaching and developing employees.
- Occasional travel required.
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills.
- Experience with income tax provision and compliance software applications preferred.
- Experience with COGNOS Finance and Infinium applications a plus.