Time Inc. (NYSE:TIME) is a leading content company that engages over 150 million consumers every month through our portfolio of premium brands across platforms. By combining our distinctive content with our proprietary data and people-based targeting, we offer highly differentiated end-to-end solutions to marketers across the multi-media landscape. Our influential brands include People, Time, Fortune, Sports Illustrated, InStyle, Real Simple and Southern Living, as well as more than 50 diverse titles in the United Kingdom. Time Inc. has been extending the power of our brands through various acquisitions and investments, including Viant, an advertising technology firm with a specialized people-based marketing platform, The Foundry, Time Inc.’s creative lab and content studio, and the People Entertainment Weekly Network (PEN). The company is also home to celebrated events, such as the Time 100, Fortune Most Powerful Women, People’s Sexiest Man Alive, Sports Illustrated’s Sportsperson of the Year, the Essence Festival and the Food & Wine Classic in Aspen.
The Associate Manager will report to the Associate Director, Tax along with the International Tax Manager and will perform the necessary tax accounting, planning, compliance and policy functions covering federal, state & local, and international taxes.
- Assist with preparation of workpapers for tax returns and quarterly tax provision including foreign data collect packages, foreign tax provision templates, Sec. 199 calculations, FAS 123R equity compensation, foreign source income calculations, and foreign tax credit calculations.
- Perform review of Federal and state income tax workpapers and returns.
- Prepare International forms included in US tax return filing such as Form 5471 and Form 8858.
- Assist with tax audits and state notices.
- Run PeopleSoft reports and prepare reconciliations.
- Research tax technical matters on the federal and international level and draft memorandum to support and document conclusions.
- Assist the Associate Director and Tax Manager with special projects.
- Develop an understanding of the business and related tax issues by collaborating with business unit leaders.
- Knowledgeable: You have a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, financial and business acumen, a desire to learn more about the media landscape. A CPA license and a master’s degree in taxation is a plus.
- Experienced: You have a minimum of 2+ years’ experience in income tax, with exposure to multinational corporations. You have Federal and international compliance experience. Proficiency in CorpTax software is also a plus.
- A leader: You’re an influencer, an excellent communicator and a team-player. Your colleagues look up to you, and for good reason. You take the freedom to develop business on your own terms in a fast-paced environment.
- A Multi-tasker: When it comes to juggling multiple projects at once, you’re a pro; anticipating every project need before it’s needed. You have great analytical, scheduling and booking skills. Paired with your knack for communication, no one can stop you.
- Analytical: You have the ability to solve problems quickly and effectively in a logical manner. You have an eye for detail, are process oriented, and passion for finding innovative solutions. Detecting patterns and integrating new information is what you do best.
- Organized: You live by prioritization and organization. You’re a born multitasker who loves to take on a good challenge; especially on a tight deadline. You see the big picture, but your attention to detail and creative flair make you an invaluable asset to any team.
- Communicative: Peers and bosses flock to you for your dynamism and clarity. Your crystal clear approach to communication is immediately recognized, whether you’re delivering a presentation, participating in a meeting or sending a simple email.
- Collaborative: A team player, yet self-starter, with strong project management and leadership skills, that is highly effective when working with others.